In the not-too-distant year of 1986, world peace has been found between the world governments through the competitive play of SPORT. After the world peace treaty had been signed, the world nations showed off their physical prowess through competition.
BOOM will be released on PC, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- BOOM matches will be 1 to 3 minutes in length, and the plan is to support 1 to 4 players (Up to 3 players can be AI controlled).
- Points increase per second a player is in possession of the ball.
- The ball in BOOM is a bomb that detonates a random amount of time after it is picked up by a player (Usually 10-20 seconds, match length will also have an impact on the amount of time a bomb will be held before exploding).
- Throwing the bomb at opponents will stun them (Stun time is undetermined at the moment, will need proper testing).
- When a player is stunned by the bomb, they are forced to catch it but cannot throw the bomb until the stun is over (The key here is to throw the bomb when there is a minimal amount of time remaining so that the bomb explodes before the opposing player recovers from the stun).
- If a player is killed by an exploding bomb they can respawn after a given amount of time (Undetermined at the moment), but they will lose a percentage of their points.
- Each character will have an attack that can be used to attack or steal the bomb from other players.